Are you remodeling? What about moving? Maybe you are just searching for a way to redecorate because you’re getting tired of looking at the same kitchen style. Many people will keep the same kitchen design for decades, consider that when you are creating your kitchen space.
What was trendy in your mother’s kitchen, probably isn’t anymore. Kitchen trends have changed, and it’s time our kitchen’s change with them. Follow these tips to design a trendy kitchen that works for you!
Forget About Linoleum
If there is one thing you decide to do to update your kitchen, this should be it! Linoleum is an outdated material. Replace the Linoleum surfaces in your kitchen to modernize. The result will be trendy. Visit a home renovation store and look at samples in the following materials to decide what works for you!
Wood- If you love rustic, or country style, design themes. Wood is the way to go. There are so many different options out there, making it easy to customize your countertops and floors.
Stone- Another choice with multiple options, though the most popular choice is granite. Opt for a darker stone to make your kitchen scream trendy!
Silver is a Thing of the Past
The world has moved on from silver. It’s always been a trendy material, but copper is taking over the kitchen! Implement the use of copper in the following ways to follow the latest trends. Use copper in all of the following ways or just one, whatever works for you!
- Cooking Pots and Pans
- Cabinet Accessories
- Range Hoods
- You can even consider searching online for resource – like these elegant designer homeware by Such & Such.
Black is Back
For years stainless steel has been the epitome of trendy kitchens, but black is taking over! The jury is out, and black appliances are the new trend. If stainless steel has always been what works best for you, consider appliances in black stainless steel. That way you will still be able to achieve a new trendy kitchen design.
Open It Up
Spacious and open are two words that you will hear when discussing the latest kitchen trends. So how you can you attain this feeling in your own kitchen? Read below to hear a few tips on opening things up in the kitchen. You may find it’s easier to utilize your kitchen tools this way too.
Open Cabinets- Who needs cabinet doors anyways? They hide your amazing tools and utensils. Sometimes you have to go through cabinet after cabinet to find the things you’re looking for, but those days are gone.
Consider Shelving- Shelving is another option that may work for you. It’s a relatively new kitchen trend, but it’s a great choice if you’re getting tired of the same, old cabinetry.
Curtain Options- Use light, sheer curtains. Utilize natural lighting to open up your kitchen. This will allow your kitchen to appear more spacious too!
The best way to make your kitchen unique and completely yours is to use colors intermittently throughout the room. Any color you absolutely love will work for you. Here are a few places that will help your favorite color pop.
- Flooring- Consider a tile flooring that contains the color of your choosing. This is a trendy option that could make your kitchen stand apart.
- Fabrics- Pot holders, hot pads, and towels can all be chosen in the colors you love. Display them on hoods or countertops to maximize the effect.
- Personal Items- Your kitchen is an often-used room in your house. Your family will gather there to spend time together and enjoy meals. Place personal items that mean something to your family around the room on shelves or counter tops. This will give your kitchen a homey, personal feeling.
Switch Up the Backsplash
This is a great way to make a change in your kitchen. It’s an easier transition than tearing out and replacing all of your cabinetry. Your backsplash can also be changed in so many ways, making it a great renovation, take advantage and personalize your kitchen!
- Color- Use whatever color you like. There are so many options out there, take a look and choose what works best for you.
- Material- Ceramic tile is still available, but now you can also choose from stone, glass, metal, and mirrored backsplash.
- Texture- If you change the material of your backsplash, naturally that will change the texture. A textured backsplash will add a certain amount of depth to your kitchen.
When outfitting your renovated kitchen with new furniture, there are definitely a couple of emerging trends.
- Island- The trendiest kitchens always include an island, and this makes sense for a couple of reasons. Island provide extra space for storage and for preparing food.
- Table- The modern table is long and wooden, usually made of a dark material of wood.
- Seating- It’s important that your table is paired with the proper types of seating and the trendiest types are benches and wall nooks.
Your kitchen is going to be well-used so take your time making choices. Visit multiple home renovation stores to determine what you like and decide from what’s available. There are so many new trends emerging that, you really could do almost anything. Don’t be afraid to try something new.
Also Read –