It does not matter where you live as window blinds remain a common addition to every household or commercial space. Being a cost-effective way to maintain temperature and control light, the window blind is here to stay for upcoming years as well. There are few characteristics, which every window blind will have in common. They are mostly around the same size as that of the window and even a bit longer in some cases. Even the job of these items remains the same, and that is to maintain the temperature of the room. The blind can be used for either keeping heat out of the sun or just by retaining warmth right from within.
You can further use it for providing privacy to resident from neighbors and any stranger. Even despite these similarities, you will come across these blinds in so many forms and variations. Right from the horizontal ones to the Venetian blind, there are loads of styles as incorporated in this material. Even you can try out the automated roller blind or the Roman ones. But, just like the style, you will come across some materials used for manufacturing these products, as blind is not just made out of plastic or metal. There are so many other materials used for its creation and you better know it now! You should read this guide to remove your confusion regarding which blind is best and which is not.
The first one in this list got to be the metallic blind. Here, metal is mainly the aluminum ones, which are long lasting, easily available and easy to afford at the same time.
- These blinds are primarily known for their level of sturdiness.
- As aluminum is the main metal used for its manufacturing, therefore; these products won’t get rust that easily.
- Moreover, you don’t have to pay that much for the aluminum blinds at all.
- Most of the time, these blinds are available in Venetian blind style, which will run horizontally across the window with long cord attach to horizontal slats for raising and lowering blind.
If you think that you have learned everything about the blinds materials, then think twice. In terms of sophistication and style, wooden blinds are the one at top of this pyramid. These products are effortlessly provided old world elegance, which most people are looking for.
- Wood is the main choice for you to consider as it helps in blocking out light effectively. It can help in insulating well and can always be stained or even painted with the desired color.
- But, one thing for sure and that is these wooden blinds are tough to maintain and not that suitable in kitchen and bathrooms as it warps and cracks at humid conditioned.
- On the other hand, these blinds are a bit costly, which everyone might not be able to afford that easily.
- How to Decorate a Small Kitchen in Apartment
- Traditional Indian Home Decorating Ideas
- Raksha Bandhan Thali Decoration at Home
In case you are planning to maintain that elegance of real wood without the hassle of too much of maintenance, then faux wood might be the right choice for you to consider. It is also termed as composite wood and made out of a perfect combination of wood and plastic like PVC.
Now, this seems to be a weird choice in terms of blinds but is gaining quite some popularity among the masses these days. The leather is mainly used in Venetian blind style, which is a labor intensive procedure to bind every slat together. So, the price is always towards the higher side in this regard.
Once you are sure of the choices, make sure to check out the price and select the one you like. This research might take some time, but it is all worth it. If you have a large room you should choose a window blind that blocks more light as compared to others and which sits outside.